Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pottery Barn Knock-Off Idea


Ever since I started this blog, I've wanted to recreate and post tons of ideas, but I just simply don't have time to make them. So, I thought I'd just share the ideas I have and let run with it if you feel so inspired.

I see things all the time and think, "I could make that!". The trouble is finding the time. Generally, the only pieces I get to redo are ones someone either wants or I need and we can't afford the original.

This particular idea is one I've had for a little while because it's so easy! Ready?


via Pottery Barn
Plant basket, burlap, and hanging light kit...knock-off for around $25 versus PB @ $179.99!



Here's the materials list I'd get:

Black hanging basket for around $11.87.via Pinterest



Burlap via Amazon
$3 p/yd!

Pendant kit via Lowe's.com


Chain to thread cord through in order to hang basket from light cord. $8.98 for 10' but could probably get by with less at Lowe's. It would need to be adhered to the fixture cap at the ceiling and again at the end of the chain to the basket chains.


A simple lamp parts would suffice, but you'd have to take apart the top of the pendent kit to retro fit it with a metal ring like this:



This image clip was taken from the original pottery barn picture above so I can't get it any bigger.





Some hot glue and a halogen round bulb from Walmart ... and you've got yourself a beautiful chandelier that no one will ever know you didn't pay a fortune for (unless you tell them)! I actually like telling them and watching their faces:) Aren't I a stinker?!


Like what you see? Let me know! Become a follower and support my blogging:)

3 comments:

  1. Cute and creative! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, LOVE your projects! Glad to know you are doing this! Randi Loafman

    ReplyDelete
  3. يذكر الدكتور محمود ناصر افضل دكتور قدم سكري في مصر ان من اهم أسباب حدوث الدوالي
    التغيرات الهرمونية: فإذا كان شخصٌ يعاني من اضطرابات هرمونية، فإن هذا سيؤدي إلى زيادة خطر حدوث الدوالي.
    العوامل الوراثية: فإذا كان لدى شخصٍ أفراد في عائلته يعانون من مشكلات الدوالي، فإن هذا سيزيد من خطر حدوث المشكلة.

    ReplyDelete

One of the highlights of each day is hearing from my readers!

Follow Me on Pinterest